Jade Green Noodles – 翡翠面 – (fěi cuì miàn)
The bright green of this noodles is achieved through natural ingredients, as Su Nuan Nuan had said in Chapter 92. Please enjoy this recipe!
Makes for 6 portions
Method (The numbers are according to the pictures in the original site):
- Rinse and clean the spinach leaves
- Cut into small pieces and use a blender to render it down to liquid
- Make a well in the centre of the flour and pour the salt and spinach juice in and knead the mixture into a dough
- Let it rest for 20 minutes
- Place the dough onto a lightly floured surface
- Flatten the dough with a rolling pin
- Gently fold the dough into an accordion shape that it’s easy to cut
- Slice evenly with a sharp knife
- Sprinkle more flour onto the cut noodles and shake out the exces
- Boil a pot of water to blanch the noodles
- Blanch for about 2 minutes
- Serve the noodles immediately
- You may serve the noodles with any kind of side dishes you like
[Tip 1: If you don’t intend to eat the noodles immediately, immerse the blanched noodles in icy water to maintain the shape and texture of the noodles]
The original recipe can be found at zuofa, here you can find picture instructions for your convenience.
This recipe is mentioned in The Feast, Chapter 92.
Have fun cooking and eating!
This site now runs on ads, do click on a few whenever you encounter any ^_^
Translated by Gumihou from kitchennovel dot com.
For anyone who wants to chat with me, do come over to discord !